Your tax obligation to the United States depends on which type of foreign national you are considered to be for tax purposes. For example, resident aliens are required to follow the same rules and fill out the same forms as United States citizens. Generally, nonresident aliens who receive wages or business income while in the U.S. are required to file a tax return. Dual-status aliens must file a separate return, cannot claim the standard deduction, and generally cannot claim dependency exemptions.

Intl TaxesIf you’d like to avoid the complexities of United States tax law, then contact Canner Brody and Yan CPAs.  We have been a trusted CPA Firm in South Florida for over 65 years.  International taxation is our specialty.  We help foreign nationals and expatriates comply with United States tax regulations.  Contact Andrew Brody today at an office below:

Downtown Miami CPA office – Brickell Avenue305-728-5109

Miami Lakes CPA office305-231-2150